BIDDING OWL INSTRUCTIONS
TWO BIDDING OPPORTUNITIES:
1) DRIVE-BY LIVE EVENT
WHEN: August 22, 2020 - 6-8 p.m. (bidding open from 5-9 p.m.)!
WHERE: La Mesa Presbyterian Church parking lot, 7401 Copper Ave. NE, Albuquerque
WHAT: Listen to the Dianna Hughes’ Trio perform and view items from your car as you enter the parking lot.
HOW: Access the parking lot from Copper Ave., view items on display, park or exit on Mesilla. ALL PEOPLE IN CAR MUST BE WEARING A MASK!
FOLLOW DIRECTIONS from the people guiding traffic.
VIEW ITEMS -- there will be tables set up on the church parking lot, displaying a few select items that you may bid for ONLINE but only from 5-9 p.m. on August 22! A person will be there to guide you and/or answer questions from a safe distance.
MOVE FORWARD -- You will be told when to move forward to see the next item.
PARK OR EXIT - some parking will be available both in the parking lot and on Mesilla street only. Please be respectful of drivers wanting to pass you on Copper St.
BIDDING: (see instructions below -- as they are the same for both the live and the online auction.)
HOW LONG: The LIVE AUCTION is only open from 5-9 p.m. This is your opportunity to get some of our signature items at a great price!!!
OTHER OPTIONS: You can also view the Drive-by Online Event through the church Facebook livestream. Exact link will be available on August 22nd.
WHICH ITEMS will be at the Drive-by Live Auction to view? These items need to be seen in person to be truly appreciated!
a) #1102 Our signature donation, “Gold’s Pond” -- an alcohol-ink painting by artist Bob Robie that includes a “Charley Story” authored by Bob Robie. Priceless!
b) #1005 Cherry Blossom 100% Silk Scarf
c) #1009 Italian Fabric Jacket by Coldwater Creek (size L)
d) #1047 Bauhaus Series Wooden Cubes
e) #1057 "Twilight" - Lithograph
f) #1060 Watercolor
g) #1092 Vintage Madhubani Painting (India) of three figures
h) #1094 Duets Watercolor
i) #1098 Zia – Lighted Wooden Wall Hanging (handmade)
j) #1100 Vintage Zapotec/Mayan/Aztec handwoven rug
k) #1106 Painted Ponies wall hanging
WINNERS -- Bidding winners for DRIVE-BY LIVE AUCTION will be announced on August 23, 2020. Any items that do not sell will be put back into the online auction.
2) ONLINE AUCTION AND BIDDING INSTRUCTIONS
A. GETTING STARTED
1) GO TO http://biddingowl.com/lamesapresbyterianchurch. You are welcome to freely review auction items at any time BUT you must register to become a bidder. You will be directed to register as a bidder or sign in as a bidder the first time you place a bid.
2) Click on Register (top right corner) and follow the short registration process. If you are registering from your mobile phone then click on the menu button and select Register. IMPORTANT -- GOOD TO KNOW - In order to receive Text Message Notifications, enter your mobile phone number under Account Details. You will receive Text messages when you've been outbid.
3) You will be directed to your email to confirm your registration. Once you have confirmed then sign back in as a bidder and continue bidding.
4) You can also download the Bidding Owl app onto your mobile phone and use the same login and password. Bidding is the same on the app as on your computer.
B. YOUR BIDDINGOWL.COM ACCOUNT
1) Enter into your browser's address field
2) Click on Bidder Sign In (at top of the page)
3) Enter your Email login and Password to review your account
- View your Bid Status and Bid History by clicking on My Bids.
4) BIDDING WINNERS for ONLINE items will be announced on August 30, 2020.
C. ONLINE BIDDING
1) Browse the Categories in your auction at https://www.biddingowl.com/LaMesaPresbyterianChurch
2) Select the item you would like to bid on. (Bidding begins August 22 at 12:00 a.m. MDT for all items online, but only from 5-9 p.m. for the DRIVE-BY LIVE EVENT.)
3) Enter correct Bid Amount into the field provided (note the minimum bid increments)
4) Click Bid and Confirm Bid
5) Congratulations, you are the current High Bidder for the item!
6) BY IT NOW -- means you can pay the higher price and the bidding for that item ends.
D. FINAL ONLINE CHECK OUT
1) On August 29, 2020, after 10 pm, you can log in to your Bidder Account to view your Bidder History.
2) Click on the Shopping Cart in the top right corner of the page and follow the short checkout process. Only items that you've WON can be checked out.
3) Bidding Owl will give you the options for how to pay for your winning bids. Those options will be via PayPal, Credit Card, or check. (NOTE: shipping costs will be a separate invoice.)
3) GETTING THE ITEMS YOU’VE WON FOR BOTH OPTIONS!
A) We prefer to arrange a pick-up of items that are won during this auction, using safe social distancing practices. We will contact the winning bidder at the close of the auction to make arrangements.
B) If we are unable to arrange a pick-up or if you prefer the item to be shipped, we will charge you for the cost of shipping separately by sending an invoice for the shipping cost through PayPal. Shipping invoices must be paid prior to the item being shipped. We are committed to arranging the best option for the winning bidder and our Art Soirée committee.
C) If we are unable to get in touch with the winning bidder within 14 days from the close of the auction (August 30, 2020 at 2:00 a.m. EDT, midnight August 29 MDT) to arrange a pick-up, or mailing of an item, or if we do not receive payment for mailing, the winning bidder will forfeit their item, and their winning bid will count as an outright donation to the "Soirée Like No Other" fundraiser. At that point the organizers have the right to re-sell or auction off the item at a future opportunity.
D) If you have any questions regarding this auction, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org call us at 505-255-8095. There is also more information on our website at http://www.lamesapresabq.org or our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/La.Mesa.Presbyterian.ABQ
4) REMEMBER: ALL proceeds from this fundraiser go to support the following programs:
La Mesa Food Pantry
The Feast of Hope Thanksgiving Community
La Mesa Arts
Hopkins Counseling Center for Children and
La Mesa Elementary School
La Mesa Neighborhood Community Garden Park and Labyrinth
Partnerships and support are given to additional community organizations, such as the Immigrant Refugee and Resource Village of Albuquerque (IRRVA); APD Forward; Albuquerque Interfaith; Gun Violence Prevention; and other social justice and faith-based community organizations.
5) DON’T SEE ANYTHING THAT YOU WANT BUT YOU STILL WANT TO SUPPORT LA MESA’S EFFORTS? Click on the Connect Tab at the top of this webpage and make a donation. Every little bit helps.